Satyarthi.org is a web site associated with The Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation of America, Inc., a Nonprofit Corporation existing under the laws of the District of Columbia. The following Terms are an agreement between the Foundation and you and govern your use of the Site, including all information on or submitted through it.
Users of this Site that are employees or agents of other entities, please note that references to “you” means both: (1) any entity or individual that is your employer or for whom you act as agent, and (2) the “user” individually unless otherwise stated on the Site or in these Terms.
Persons under 18 years of age are not authorized to use the Site.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT:
The Site contains a variety of information, including (without limitation) information, data, text, software, music, sounds, photographs, graphics, videos, messages or other materials, that you upload, post or otherwise provide in connection with the Site (“Content”). Most of the Content on this Site is not available for downloading without the express consent of the Foundation. In addition, any copyrighted works may not be downloaded or distributed without the express written authorization of the Foundation, including works of others that we are not permitted to distribute. However, we also may have Content that if so designated may be downloaded by you pursuant to these Terms (“Available Content”). YOU MAY REVIEW, DOWNLOAD, COPY, DISTRIBUTE AND USE THE AVAILABLE CONTENT SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF FURTHERING YOUR MISSION IN THE ORDINARY COURSE OF YOUR GOVERNMENTAL OR CHARITABLE PURPOSE AND ATTENDANT OPERATIONS. YOU MAY NOT SELL THE AVAILABLE CONTENT OR OTHERWISE DISTRIBUTE IT FOR A FEE. USERS SHALL NOT USE OR DISCLOSE IT OR THE SITE TO ANY THIRD PARTIES EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY THESE TERMS.This Site is controlled by The Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation of America, Inc., from our offices within the United States of America. If you choose to access this Site from locations outside the U.S., you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with any local laws. You may not use or export anything (including information) from the Site in violation of U.S. export laws, regulations or these Terms.
2. REGISTRATION AND CREATING PROFILES:
For some areas of the Site, you may have to complete a registration process or create a profile for use in applying for something (e.g., a job or a grant). Completion of this process will usually require creation of an account with a user name and password or other identifier, which you agree to guard as confidential information—if you are careless with it, others may be able to access the information. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information at all times. You also agree that you will review, maintain, correct, and update such information in a timely manner to ensure its accuracy and completeness by using the means allowed for the relevant information or, when appropriate, by contacting us. If you provide (or the Foundation has reasonable grounds to believe that you provided) any information that is inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, the Foundation may suspend or terminate your access, application, grant or participation in a program, in addition to exercising all rights and remedies allowed by law.You agree that all uses of the identifier established for you during a registration or similar process will be attributed to and legally bind you and may be relied upon by us and our agents, affiliates, and other third parties with whom we work in order to provide the Site with Content, services and/or pursue our mission (including but not limited to our and their respective affiliates, officers, employees and agents) (collectively “Third Parties”), as being a use made by you, even if someone else used your identifier.
USER GENERATED CONTENT AND SITE ACTIVITIES:
- User Generated Content—Your Responsibility and License to Others.Sometimes you may wish to provide Content, by uploading a video or information, or submitting comments in a chat room. When you provide Content, you:
- Represent and warrant that the Content is: (a) wholly your original work, or (b) that you have all necessary rights, title, interest and licenses to upload it and make it available to the Foundation and other users for download, distribution and use under these Terms without (i) violation (by you, us, Third Parties, users or anyone else) of any applicable license, restriction or law, or (ii) a potentially adverse consequence to us, Third Parties, users or anyone else that you have not conspicuously disclosed in the Content. As used here, “adverse consequence,” means a restriction governing the Content which could be triggered if we or others exercise a right under the license you grant below and which imposes an obligation, liability or impairment of rights on us or others that was not conspicuously disclosed by you before exercise of a right. To disclose an adverse action, you agree to conspicuously place on or in the Content notice that adverse actions can result and that you may be contacted at the email address and telephone number in the notice to obtain your full disclosure of applicable licenses and restrictions applicable to the Content;
- Grant the Foundation, its affiliates, Third Parties sub-licensees and successors and assigns, and each Site user who downloads the Content under these Terms, a perpetual, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up, irrevocable license to (i) use, copy, distribute, modify and create derivative works from the Content; (ii) publicly perform or display, license and distribute copies of the Content, modified Content and derivative works of the Content; and (iii) sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties, as necessary or advisable (as determine by the Foundation or other licensed person in its sole discretion) to allow the Foundation or other licensed person to fulfill its charitable or governmental mission, to further its related operations, and to create, advertise, operate and manage the Site.
In addition to the rights above, you acknowledge and agree that we may keep Content indefinitely and disclose it for any purpose, including but not limited to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) without undertaking a duty to do so, protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Foundation, its users and the public.You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit through the Site any Content or any other materials whatsoever that are or could appear to:
- Be defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person’s privacy or protected data, or tortious;
- Be infringing upon anyone’s intellectual property rights, including any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or right of publicity;
- Contain any software viruses or any other harmful computer code, files, or programs, including any designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
- In violation of any applicable license, law or contractual or fiduciary duty or provision (including by exercise of the rights you grant to the Foundation above).
The Foundation anticipates that substantial Content or even assistance will be made available to you and others through the Site or otherwise. Content may be outdated or contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or problematic or defective functionality, and assistance (such as Foundation help with a report you are obligated to make) will need your review. YOU AGREE NOT TO RELY ON CONTENT OR ASSISTANCE AND TO DETERMINE ALL RELEVANT FACTORS ON YOUR OWN, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ACCURACY, FUNCTIONALITY, QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND OTHER RELEVANT FACTORS. We reserve the right to monitor and exercise all other rights of ours, and also to modify or remove any Content or assistance at any time, but do not undertake any duty to do so.Any opinions, advice, statements, assistance, services, offers, or information expressed or made available by third parties, including users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of the Foundation.
- Site Activities:The Site is provided as is and when available, and we reserve the right to change all Content, functionality and services in our discretion at any time. We may also do this for particular activities, even if you have already began to participate. For example, we can change a job or grant description at any time even if you have already applied, and not all jobs or grants may be posted at all or on the Site – we use various methods for pursuing our mission and they are not limited to the Site. Also, we and/or Third Parties might make a mistake and we reserve the right to correct anything, including but not limited to Content or assistance on the Site. For example, we may correct, change, withdraw or do anything else with regard to a job or grant description even if you have already taken action based on it.
- No Commissions:We do not want to deal with persons desiring to be paid for something unless we intentionally enter into an express contract to do so. This means, for example, that we do not pay commissions or other sums to anyone who helps arrange a job, grant or anything else unless we have expressly contracted to do so in writing prior to any such arrangement. For example, if you submit an application for someone else without entering into such a contract with us, we will not pay you (or anyone else) a commission or other amount even if we accept the application, hire the person or make the grant etc. We may also use, delete or ignore any information you provided without paying you anything and without undertaking any duties to you or anyone else. If you do not want that result then do not submit any information without entering into a written contract with us first.
INFRINGEMENT OF OUR RIGHTS OR THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS; YOUR WARRANTY:
Our Site, including its Content, is protected by intellectual property laws and you agree to respect them. See the “Additional or Required Notices” section of these Terms for more information about our trademarks and copyrights. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved. As for intellectual property rights of others, anyone who believes that their work has been infringed, may provide a notice to our legal representatives—see the Additional or Required Notices section of these Terms. It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances any (if any) account or right of access for repeated infringement, and we reserve the right to terminate, at our discretion, for a single infringement.
YOUR LICENSE TO US:
We hope that you will provide your Feedback (as defined below) so that we may better support, improve and pursue our charitable mission. However, you agree that you will not provide Feedback that infringes or violates the rights of others, and you hereby grant a License to the Foundation (as defined below) in your Feedback. You agree that we have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for Feedback or for the License to the Foundation. “Feedback” means all remarks, data, suggestions, methods, surveys, reports, processes and ideas (including patentable ideas) and other Content that you provide by using the Site or provide about it, Content or any aspect of our mission or operations, whether provided to us or persons working with us or the Feedback, and whether provided through the Site or media such as a chat room, survey, report, grant, software tool, bulletin board or otherwise.As used above, “License to the Foundation” means a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to the Foundation to exercise all now or later existing intellectual property rights or other rights of yours or others contained in the Feedback, for purposes of supporting the Foundation’s charitable purposes (as determined by us in our discretion from time to time) in full or in part and in all possible media (now known or later developed). The foregoing rights include (but are not limited to), the right to display, perform, read (on air or otherwise), and publish in public or private sites, newspapers or other media, brochures, reports and so on, all or part of the Feedback and any other information that you provide through or relating to our Site or the Content. The License to the Foundation is in addition to any (if any) that you may be required to provide under any separate agreement between you and the Foundation (including grants or other agreements).
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Foundation and Third Parties, from and against any and all losses, damage, liability and costs of every nature incurred by any of them in connection with any claim, damage or loss related to or arising out of: the Content, use of the Site or related sites, any assistance or services provided by us or Third Parties, any alleged unauthorized use of the Site, or any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms. You agree to cooperate fully in the defense of any of the foregoing. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to control exclusively the defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you will not settle any matter without our express written consent.. Your obligation to indemnify, defend and hold harmless shall be limited to the extent that you are afforded sovereign immunity under applicable federal, state or local laws. In such cases where your obligation to indemnify may be limited due to the requirements of federal, state or local laws, you shall be responsible for the ordinary negligent acts and omissions of your agents and employees causing harm to persons not a party to this agreement.
NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER DUTIES:
THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT (regardless of who generates it), SITE FUNCTIONALITY, ASSISTANCE AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY/ON THE SITE, THE FOUNDATION OR THIRD PARTIES (collectively, “COMPLETE SITE”) ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND ARE PROVIDED BY US OR THIRD PARTIES “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, AND WITHOUT THE UNDERTAKING OF ANY DUTY, OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY DUTY (IF ANY) OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT OR LACK OF NEGLIGENCE. THE COMPLETE SITE IS PROVIDED: (1) WITH ALL FAULTS AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU; AND (2) WITHOUT ANY ASSURANCE, OR WARRANTY, CONDITION OR DUTY OF OR REGARDING: FUNCTIONALITY; PRIVACY; SECURITY; ACCURACY; AVAILABILITY; LACK OF: NEGLIGENCE, INTERRUPTION, VIRUSES OR OF OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPONENTS OR TRANSMISSIONS; OR THE NATURE OR CONSEQUENCES OF AVAILABLE CONTENT SUCH AS (WITHOUT LIMITATION) WHETHER SOFTWARE OR OTHER CONTENT IS SUBJECT TO ANY PARTICULAR LICENSE, OR WHETHER IT IS SUBJECT TO ANY RESTRICTIONS OR CONSEQUENCES THAT MIGHT BE TRIGGERED BY ANY EXERCISE OF A RIGHT GRANTED UNDER THESE TERMS. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY BY US OR THIRD PARTIES OF TITLE OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OR INTERFERENCE WITH ENJOYMENT OF ANY ASPECT OF THE COMPLETE SITE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL OBTAIN (INCLUDING THROUGH DOWNLOAD) ANY CONTENT ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INFRINGEMENT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, CONSEQUENCE OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA.
NO INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES:
Our Site may contain links to Web sites belonging to third parties. We provide these links as a convenience, but do not endorse the linked site or anything on it. While their information, products, services and information may be helpful to you, they are independent entities and we do not control or endorse them. You agree that any visits to linked sites are at your own risk and governed by their own independent privacy policies (if any).You are not permitted to link or shortcut to our Site from your Web site, blog or similar application, without obtaining prior written permission from us.
GOVERNING LAW AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION:
These Terms and your use of the Site are governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, U.S.A., without regard to its choice of law provisions, except where you are required by published governmental law, ordinance, regulation, directive, order, or the like (collectively, “Mandate”) to contract for application of the law of your local jurisdiction. You hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction of a state or federal court of general jurisdiction sitting in the District of Columbia, U.S.A. except to the extent you are prohibited from doing so by a Mandate.
LEGAL AND OTHER NOTICES OR DISCLOSURES:
You agree that we may give all notices we are required to give you by posting notice on the Site or, if we have your email address, by sending notice by email at our discretion, including (without limitation), disclosures that we are required to give you, legal notices, notice of subpoenas or other legal process (if any), and all other communications. When we communicate by email, we may use any email address you provide when communicating with us or that we otherwise have in our records, so only supply to us an email address at which you are willing to receive all communications, including “legal” or potentially sensitive communications such as information about a job or grant application. You agree to check for notices posted on the Site.Notice to Us (Our Legal Notices Address): We receive many emails and not all employees are trained to deal with every kind of communication. Accordingly, you agree to send us any Legal Notices by mailing it to the following (“Our Legal Notice Address”): Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation of America, Inc., 201 Washington Street, Newark, NJ 07102 Attn: Kravis & File, P.C.
TERMINATION OR CANCELLATION; NO CONTINUING RIGHTS:
You have no continuing right to use the Site and we may deny or suspend access, or terminate or cancel this agreement with or without cause and at any time and without prior notice. This is so even if you elect to store documents on this site such as your resume for use in a job application or a draft of a grant application, so be sure to make your own copies of anything to which you want to ensure access. We may give notice of termination or cancellation in the same way that we may provide other notices. Termination or cancellation will not eliminate the surviving provisions of these Terms and you will still be liable for obligations incurred before the agreement or access ended.
We and any Third Parties may communicate with you electronically now and in the future in their respective discretion during the entire course of activities pursued with you, including but not limited to having you electronically sign documents and receive electronic notices. We and any Third Parties also reserve the right to deal non-electronically and to require you to do so.
ADDITIONAL OR REQUIRED NOTICES:
Various laws require or allow us to give users certain notices and each of them is incorporated into these Terms. Users may review the notices by clicking on their link:
- Notice: No Harvesting or Dictionary Attacks Allowed (this provides information about conduct that is unlawful under the U.S. CAN SPAM Act of 2003).
- Notice of Availability of Filtering Software (this provides a notice under the U.S. Communications Decency Act).
- Notice: No Harvesting or Dictionary Attacks Allowed:
The Foundation will not give, sell, or otherwise transfer addresses maintained by it to any other party for the purposes of initiating, or enabling others to initiate, electronic mail messages except as authorized by law or appropriate Foundation personnel or policies. Except for parties authorized to have such addresses, persons may violate federal law if they: (1) initiate the transmission to our computers or devices of a commercial electronic mail message (as defined in the U.S. “CAN-SPAM Act of 2003”) that does not meet the message transmission requirements of that act; or (2) assist in the origination of such messages through the provision or selection of addresses to which the messages will be transmitted.Notice of Availability of Filtering Software:
We do not believe that the Site contains materials that would typically be the subject of filtering software and minors are not authorized to visit our Site. Nevertheless, all users are hereby informed that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. A report detailing some of those protections can be found at Children’s Internet Protection Act: Report on the Effectiveness of Internet Protection Measures and Safety Policies.